Jump to navigation Jump to search
An - Narenj Pool
An-Narenj (‘bitter oranges’) pool is located on the western courtyard of Al-Aqsa Mosque between Sabeel Qasem Pasha and Sabeel Qaitbay’s platform. The Mamluk Sultan Qaitbay renovated it in 887 AH/1483 AC when he built Al-Ashrafyah School. The pool is square-shaped and has a fountain with marble ﬂoors in the middle of it which is out of use today. Al-Aqsa Reconstruction Committee renovated the pool and turned it into an ablution by adding 24 faucets on three of its sides. It is supplied with water from the nearby tank of Sabeel Qasem Pasha.